No, I have not watched that movie !
I generally don’t like watching movies, and yes it is very weird for everyone I have met ever in my life “have you watched this?, have you watched that?” NO, yes if you ever meet me, be ready to be surprised by all the movies and series I have not watched.
But, guess what, I watched an old Bollywood film today, yes, it is a film .For me movie, film and a cinema are different things and all this is very subjective ( I will decide which is what, ofc ) Film for me is an effort to put out a thought, viewer need not surrender but can consider the pov shown..wow sounds like a political campaign movie, no it was a very 2000s story of 2 people in their mid 20s trying to figure out life. Now the interesting fact number 1. Both of them try in completely different way 1. They have opposite personalities 3. Their start point is different and cannot be compared at any point of the film. And as it is a “Bollywood movie” every thing goes well and they end up together.
But, it made me think..can two people with two different or completely opposite lives have similar or same goal in life? I believe your goals and dreams in life are highly influenced by your history, upbringing, friends and the era you are born into… but still question is people having completely opposite scenarios can they have same goal?
Talking about goal.. it is, was and will never be career wise for me, I was privileged enough to be what I wanted to be, but all this was also necessary for me to be closer to my goal, then if not this what is a goal? My goal or can be anyone it is not a thing, not an idea not even a person or place, difficult to describe but a feeling in heart which brings me to peace. A hope which gives me energy to get up everyday and work towards it.. Untill I can really name it, I want to live and play with life.. I want to see her shades the dark and the bright ones I want to challenge myself to survive in the dark and glow in the bright phases.
One thing which brings me closer to this is travelling and meeting people. 2 years back I met one Israeli Architect, he was travelling taking break from work and situation around. We had a coffee and I told him about my this dream to travel meanwhile, I was in a city not my home town, I was exploring that place, I met this random traveller like 2 days back and he made me realise that I was already living it, so till today I have seen vertical horizon and western horizon of india, so many states, cities, towns , villages… met beautiful people , and yes I was already travelling while dreaming about it.
Few months back, I had a major problem with anxiety, I was graduating and everyday was heavy, I had to rush to doctor and was put on anxiety pills… after this I had a talk with my dad and we discovered, my anxiety was coming from me not knowing my next 5 years… me not knowing my plan, to which I had to slow down, step back and first appreciate how far I have already came… this injury is helping me do that, not only this we need to remind ourselves, social media trend of owning a bmw in 22 yrs of your life is maybe not for you. Nobody is slow or fast, it is not a competition but a conversation with oneself, to build your self, everyone is different and hence comparison has to be the biggest stupidity we do unconsciously.
And people ask “ Why have you not watched this movie?” this happens to my brain and I like to avoid it, there are 4 lovely people in my life they suggest me and force me to watch movies and I sincerely take their advice… and hence the wires in my brain are still intact. So If we ever meet lets talk life.. lets not be afraid to talk our minds out.
Beautifully written
ReplyDeleteBtw what's the movie name that was mentioned?
Hi, thanks i am glad you liked it, movie mentioned is "Wake up Sid"
Delete